Why Choose to Buy Local?
- Protect Local Character and Prosperity - Oregon City is unlike any other city in Oregon. By choosing to support locally owned businesses, you help maintain Oregon City’s diversity and distinctive flavor.
- Community Well-Being - Locally owned businesses build strong neighborhoods by sustaining communities, linking neighbors, and by supporting our schools and causes.
- Keep Dollars in the Local Economy - When shopping locally, you simultaneously create jobs, fund more city services, invest in neighborhood improvement and promote community development.
- Jobs and Wages - Locally owned businesses create more jobs locally and, in some sectors, provide better wages and benefits.
- Environmental Sustainability - Local stores help to sustain vibrant, compact, walk-able retail areas; which in turn are essential to reducing sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss, and air and water pollution.